July 11, 2007

Read, Read, Read!

As an elementary school librarian, I challenge students to read, read, read! It is only fitting that in my first post I accept a reading challenge. Sherry at Semicolon posts the Saturday Review of Books each week and has challenged readers of her blog to read six of the titles from that list by December 31, 2007. My choices:

1. Five Children and It by E. Nesbit
2. The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale
3. An Egg is Quiet and A Seed is Sleepy by Diana Aston
(They're short!)
4. Song of the Water Boatman and Other Pond Poems by Joyce Sidman
5. The Day I Swapped My Dad For Two Goldfish by Neil Gaiman
6. A Drowned Maiden's Hair by Laura Amy Schiltz

Alternates:
1. Ben and Me by Robert Lawson
2. Penny From Heaven by Jennifer L. Holm
3. Song of Roland by Dorothy L. Sayers